Trading Post Canoe and Kayak Trip Information
How our River Trips Work:
All Trading Post Trips:
- Make your reservation online from our website.
- Arrive at the Trading Post 30 minutes prior to your trip time.
- Bring your waiver or sign one when you arrive.
- You will be given your wrist tag & river map upon completion of waivers.
- Grab a life jacket (ours or yours), a trash bag and your other personal items.
For East Trips (SR 327, Refuge Bridge, Spero Bridge):
- We load your watercraft and paddles.
- We transport you and the equipment upstream.
- We depart hourly, so arrive 30 minutes before departure for check-in Sunday - Friday & 45 minutes before departure on Saturdays & holidays.
- We drop you off and get you started.
- You float/paddle at your leisure and finish at the Trading Post.
For West Trips (Nasby Dam, Curtis Creek, Ontario Dam):
- We stage your canoe or kayak at our riverside.
- You float/paddle with the current at your leisure.
- We meet you at the selected pick-up point, by hourly shuttle or will-call.
- We transport you and the equipment back to the Trading Post.
- Prices include boat rental, life jackets, paddles and shuttle service.
- Prices include a prime paddle fee for all Saturdays from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day and all days of holiday weekends.
- Weekdays and Spring & Fall trips are less busy and cost less.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Prices are based on 2 paddlers per canoe.
- Child Middle Rider (10 years old or younger and 70 pounds or under) fee is $7.50.
- Conditions (wind, water level & paddling speed) can alter estimated trip times.
- Our trips are not timed, so you can enjoy additional time for fishing, playing and picnicking.
Paddle Trip Options
|Nasby Dam - 4 miles
This trip leaves from the Trading Post and floats downstream to Nasby Dam. Float time is approximately 1 1/2 hours depending on the current. You will be picked up and shuttled back to the Trading Post. An excellent choice for your first-time trip, small children and for fishing! Nasby Dam is one of the only "V" dams left in the United States (4 miles, approximately 1.5 hours.) See map below.
|Curtis Creek - 7 miles
This trip also departs from the Trading Post and is a very popular choice! You will paddle downstream to Nasby Dam, portage around the dam and continue your voyage. You will paddle the remaining three miles down a rocky and scenic section of the river to the wooden bridge and be shuttled back to the Trading Post. This trip may not be available during high water conditions (7 miles, approximately 2.5 - 3 hours.) See map below.
|Spero Bridge - 10 miles
A shorter version of our Refuge Bridge trip, but still provides a scenic, challenging adventure! In taking the Spero Bridge trip, you are also shuttled up the river to the departure site. From there, you will paddle through woods and wetlands, eventually arriving back at the Trading Post. (10 miles, approximately 3.5 hours.) See map below.
|Ontario Dam - 10 miles
Ontario Dam is the longest of the west trips leaving from the Trading Post. This trip floats past Nasby Dam and Curtis Creek Bridge, and is then a flat-water wetland paddle to Ontario Dam. You will be picked up above Ontario Dam and shuttled back to Mongo. This trip is not available on Saturdays or Holiday Weekends, (10 miles, approximately 3.5 hours.) See map below.
Refuge Bridge - 13 miles
|State Road 327 - 16 miles (5 boat minimum)
This trip is a 16-mile adventure trip and requires a minimum rental of 5 watercraft. The trip departs once daily at 9AM. Please call the office for reservations and confirmation regarding this trip (16 miles, approximately 7+ hours.) See map below.
Click here for a printable PDF copy of the map below.