Camping at the Trading Post Canoe, Kayak & Campground in Mongo, Indiana
Great News for 2014! We have replaced our entire campground electrical distribution, installed RV style pedestals, and added more electric sites! We also have several new water hydrants in the campground and an RV waste dump station for your use!
The campground at the Trading Post is situated on the same property as the canoe and kayak rental operation. We have approximately 70 sites, electric, primitive and group areas, all of which have access to indoor hot showers and restroom facilities. Our campsites border the river or the inland pond. Snacks, drinks, ice, firewood, camping supplies and gear, and apparel are available at the camp store. We encourage and recommend calling ahead of time to reserve or check availability of your desired spot. Click here to see the campground sites map in a downloadable version.
Camping Rates per Site:
Primitive Sites - $25.00/night
Electric Sites - $35.00/night
(Site rates are based upon a family household OR 4 adults)
Additional guests, primitive sites - $9.00/night
Additional guests, electric sites - $11.00/night
Additional guests (8-14 yrs of age) - $5.00/night
Additional guests (7yrs and under) - FREE
Group Rate (7 or more adults) - $9.00/person/night
(Non-Electric ONLY: Trading Post personnel will provide site selection that will best accommodate the group size and length of stay.)
All visitors at the Trading Post must register at the office and get a VISITOR CAR TAG before proceeding into the campground.
- Visitors MUST depart by 10pm
- Non paddling visitors will be assessed a $5/person/day visitor's fee
- QUIET TIME is 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. and is strictly enforced. Non-compliance will result in eviction with no refund.
- Please respect your neighboring campers and their families.
- No loud music, and all music off at 11:00 p.m.
- Generators must be off at quiet time.
- No vulgar, offensive language.
- NO FIREWORKS of any kind are allowed in the campground.
- All vehicles are to be parked and remain parked after 10:00pm.
- All cars must have a car tag pass.
- All visitors at the Trading Post must register at the office and get a VISITOR CAR TAG before proceeding into the campground.
- Visitors MUST depart by 10:00pm
- Non paddling visitors will be assessed a $5/person/day visitor's fee.
- No illegal drugs of any kind. Violators will be reported to local authorities.
- Storm shelter is in bath house, open 24 hours.
- Campground speed limit is 5mph.
- Please do not move the fire rings.
- No cutting of trees or marring of branches.
- A dumpster is provided for bagged trash disposal.
- Please clean your campsite upon departure.
- Recycling containers for aluminum cans are provided.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept in your campsite or on a leash.
- Check out time is 2:00pm on Saturday and 5:00pm on Sunday. Late checkout may be available if you are canoeing during the day. Inquire at office.
- Campground pond fishing is ok but is 'catch-and-release' only.
- The playground is for children only. Children must be supervised by an adult and play is at own risk.
- No lifeguard is on duty, swim at own risk.
Other Area Attractions to See While Camping at the Trading Post:
Looking for directions to Trading Post Canoe? We can be found on Google Maps! Just search for 'Trading Post Canoe'!
Best weekend I have had in a very long time. Pigeon River is awesome!! Trading post has a great staff,camping was family friendly and I caught huge carp to boot! Fun Fun!! - Stan